Thursday, December 3, 2015

What Does The VNS Sound Like?

Hello all! For the third time, I have fallen off the face of the earth. But!! I have come with something interesting I would like to share with you.

If you read my previous post, you learned a bit about the VNS and what it does. "But," You may ask, "What does it sound like when it goes off?" Well, I am going to show you!

It's definitely frustrating at times for me and very inconvenient. Like I mentioned in the video, I'll be singing a song and my VNS will go off. It sounds like I am dying when it does and it's rather embarrassing.

Overall, it is worth it to me. If I have to go through a voice change every few minutes, then that's that. I find it fascinating that I have a little device inside me. One of my brother-in-laws says I sound like a robot sometimes, and he calls me robo-girl or something like that. When I touch where it is, it feels hard. I have tried getting my dad to touch it, but he goes, "EEEEE!!" My oldest sister loves to touch it, though, so they are very different people.

Not to be cheesy, but I am so grateful I am able to have the VNS. I didn't realize how hard it is for some people to get it. Whether it be your insurance company refusing to pay for it, or not having insurance, it's difficult for some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment