Saturday, May 7, 2016

Scary

Hello everyone.

Today was a fun day. My family celebrated my nephew's first birthday.

However, this last half hour was terrifying for me. Before my mom left to run some errands, she asked me to mow the lawn while she was gone. Thank goodness she said only the front lawn, because this next part is scary, to say the least.

I went outside, got the lawnmower, and started to mow. Everything was fine. It was a couple minutes in that my VNS went off. I couldn't get a deep enough breath, but I kept going anyway. Three minutes later, it went off again. That time, I stopped the lawnmower, and waited the thirty seconds until it was done. However, it was beginning to scare me. I continued to mow the lawn, but when I was almost done, I collapsed in the grass. It was bad. I could not get any oxygen in my lungs. I tried taking deep breaths, but I probably only got a sliver of oxygen. As I waited for this to stop, I was terrified to get up and finish mowing. But I was almost done, so I finished.

My VNS went off as I was pushing the lawnmower to the backyard, and I hurriedly went into the house. One of my cats stared at me as I collapsed on the couch, heaving. After about five minutes of lying there, I got up, got two Izze drinks, and went to my room.

Breathing is automatic for us. Our brain tells our body to breathe, and it does. So, not being able to breathe really freaked me out. I haven't been this scared in a long time.


2 comments:

  1. Wow. So sorry this happened to you. Do you now regret having the VNS ? I mean, does this change how you feel about having it, and what advice would you give to someone who is considering getting the VNS ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never regretted getting the VNS. It's helped me so much. I would never go back.

      I would say that the VNS is a decision you need to make for yourself. Don't let people influence you on it. There is nothing to lose.

      Delete