Sunday, August 30, 2015

Number Two

A couple months after I had my first seizure, I was in my computer class at school. I was doing the usual stuff; assignments, quizzes, all that jazz. It was a few minutes before the bell rang for the next class, and my friend, who was sitting next to me, turned. "Hey Sara. What time do you want to work on our science project today?" She asked. I opened my mouth to answer her question, when that strange feeling I had felt during my first seizure, and my "concussion", came over me. I looked at the clock. "2:15" I said in a trance. My friend looked at the clock as well, confused. "Sara. That is the time right now." The next thing I knew, I was on the ground. The echoing I had heard in my first seizure started again. "Mr. Allred! Sara's having a seizure!" She shouted. That sentence echoed in my ears over and over again.

I opened my eyes, and I was in a strange room. "Where am I?" I thought. Standing to the left of me was my Mom. To the right, my computer teacher, Mr. Allred. They had worried looks on their faces. I remember feeling like a freak. Like I was some foreign object that they didn't know anything about. After thinking about it, I realized I was in the nurses office. I had never been in there before, only seen it in passing. (Later, my Mom told me that she had been at work when my school called her. She knew something was wrong. She could sense it)

We made an appointment with a Neurologist. After a couple appointments, he told me that technically, if you have more than one seizure, you have Epilepsy. I broke down inside. I waited til after the appointment, when we were walking to the car, to let it out. I sat in the car, crying. My Mom felt so bad. She didn't know what she could do to make it better, when in all reality, there was nothing she could do to fix it. "Sara, is there anything you would like to get at the mall? Something that might make you feel a little better?" She asked kindly. At the time, Toms shoes were really popular. I really wanted some. Normally, my Mom wouldn't buy me them, because they aren't the cheapest. We went to the mall, and they didn't have them. Instead, she bought me Vans. She bought me a couple of other things as well. I thank my Mom for making me feel better that day.

1 comment: