Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Beginning

Hello again!

You might be wondering how this all started. My seizures, I mean. I summarized the beginning of it all a little bit in my last post, but let me give you the details.

As I woke up that morning in November of 2009, the thought came to me that I should get ready in the guest bathroom upstairs, instead of the bathroom right next to my room. That didn't make sense, but I did it anyways. As I was brushing my hair, the next thing I remember is laying on the ground, the world echoing around me. The banging of my head on the cupboards, echoing. It felt like a dream. I heard my parents run in. "Oh my gosh," They said together. I felt their hands underneath my head, holding it to keep it from the continuous banging (They told me later that my lips had turned blue).

The next thing I remember is my Mom and I sitting on the couch in our front room, looking out the window. "Mom, are the neighbors okay??" I asked as an ambulance pulled up in front of our house. "Sara, that ambulance is for you." I sat there, confused. I had no memory of what had just happened. (Later, my mom told me the paramedics came in to take my vitals and all of that jazz).

Yet again, time skipped ahead. My Dad was helping me into the back seat of our car. "Is everything okay?" Our neighbor asked as he walked up our driveway. I don't remember much, just that my neighbor told us if we needed any help, to let him know. My mind was foggy and I continued to feel as if I was dreaming. (Sometime after all of that, my mom told me we did not ride in the ambulance to the hospital because it cost $1,000, and we live about five minutes away).

We pulled up to the E.R. My Dad let me and my Mom out of the car at the front door, so that we could go in, while he would find a parking spot. The world was blurry, as I sat watching my Mom fill out paperwork. Soon I was on a hospital bed, being wheeled around by doctors. I guess I got my vitals taken; I'm not sure. Laying on the bed, I was in a room, waiting for the doctor to come back in. All I remember is my Dad taking a picture of me. (Enclosed in the first post).

"It was most likely a one time thing," The doctor said. "A fair amount of people have a seizure in their lifetime. Now, if you have another one, go to a Neurologist." Talking to my parents after, I was quite scared. Just kidding. I was freaking out!! "Sara, I don't think you will have another seizure." My Mom reassured me. "Okay." I replied.

2 comments: