Friday, July 7, 2017

Things Are Turning Around

I have been home for about a month now. Originally, it was hard to adjust. Being back in the hot weather with dry heat; not easy after being in the humidity and rain. However, I have gotten used to it again.

Immediately after I got home, I started applying for jobs. I needed money and I had no source of income. Also, I was planning on moving out of my house to my own apartment whenever possible. Day after day, I applied for more and more jobs, and nothing ever came of it. As you can imagine, that was difficult. I had received a call from one of the places I applied to, and they told me I wouldn't start till August, and I would have to be monitored to see if I was worthy of being a full-time worker. So, that did not work out. I probably applied for 20 places and nothing happened. It was frustrating because here all of my friends were getting jobs, and I couldn't get even one. Eventually, a place I had started an application for, called me. I hadn't finished the online application, and I know I did NOT click submit. However, on the way home from a camping trip with my mom, I saw that I had a voicemail. It was a store I applied to, and they wanted to know if I wanted to come in for an interview that next Monday. It was surprising to get the call, because I wasn't sure how they got my application. I decided to go to the interview. I thought the interview went terrible. I didn't make any sense, and after rambling on, I would say, "does that make sense?" I just knew I wouldn't get the job. The interviewer told me that the company would email me with a background check and they would get back to me. The next day, I got a call and I accepted the job! I started the next day. So, I now have a job! I really do enjoy it. The people are friendly and I have come out of my shell and introduced myself to coworkers. I do not want to dread work and feel alone, so I told myself I needed to push myself and get out there. It worked!

About a month ago, I was talking to my best friend who is currently out of the country. I was telling her that I was probably going to move out of my house this fall. She was excited, and that led to me searching for apartments that we could live in together! I sat on my laptop for days, looking and looking. Finally, although we did not want to, I realized that it would be okay to have some roommates, as long as I was rooming with my best friend. We are very much the same, where we would prefer to live alone. Anyways, I found us a place, and we finalized everything! Not only that, but it is super close to my work, and I can walk to it! I feel very fortunate.

Seizure-wise, I was surprised when I went camping. It was high altitude, and I had NO seizures. A few days ago, however, I did have a cluster. Not fun, but it's okay. It's been especially hard because it's been in the high 90's here, and my body has been stressed out from the heat. I'm trying to drink a lot of fluids. I also use my VNS magnet when I have seizures, so that has been quite helpful.

2 comments:

  1. OH WOW! Sara, that's great! You got a job AND a place to live! That is so awesome - really! That is something that I have never been able to do - get a place of my own, I mean. I had a job years ago working at a daycare. If you don't mind mentioning it, what kind of job did you get ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a job at a store. It was originally a cashier job, but I kinda do a bit of everything.

      Delete