Saturday, September 9, 2017

What Seizures Can Do

It's been a while, but for a good reason. I don't want to simply post because it has "been a while". I want to write good material, and not just gibberish. Today I feel like I am ready to write again.

After reading my previous post, I realized that in just two months, things have changed! I am still working at my job and I love it. It's been a growing experience for me! People have left after working  there for years and years, and it's been sad, because I grew to love them, but the new people are fantastic. Another thing I love about my job is how productive I feel. I am able to do a bit of everything and I feel needed. I learn something new everyday, which helps me grow.

Obviously, seizures are still apart of my life. Yes, unfortunately, I have had seizures at work. I hope that I won't have seizures when I am at the register, interacting with people. However, I have. Some of the most embarrassing times I have had, but I got through them. A lot of the people stare at me like there is something wrong with me; like I am a freak. As some of you know, this is one of my greatest fears. This man who noticed a seizure treated me like a child. "Hey, you keep going sweetie!", he said. "Thanks", I responded. I looked over at the door as he walked out, and when he was already outside, he turned around and gave me a "thumbs up". I will tell you, that upset me. He may have been trying to "be nice", but that is not the impression I got. I even told a couple of people what was going on, as I froze, trying to figure out what I was doing. "Oh, here's your receipt", I said. So, there's that. I have had seizures as I have been stocking the shelves, talking to a manager, who is really sweet. I told her after some seizures at the register, that I had been having them, and that I thought she should know. I proceeded to get a drink.

About a week or so ago, a woman came in and she mentioned she had epilepsy. We chatted for a couple minutes, and it was nice to bond. More people have epilepsy than you think!

I've been living at my new apartment with my best friend for about a week and it has been great! I'm able to ride my bike to work, and I always stay on the sidewalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment